Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eva Longoria Will Receive Walk of Fame Star the Same Year as Her 'Idol' Selena Quintanilla: 'I Know I Will Receive It Because You Dared to Dream It First'
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Fergie Releases Hot New Track 'M.I.L.F. $' – Listen Here!
- Nation's Oldest Park Ranger, 94, Robbed and Beaten in Her California Home
- FROM TIME: Cinemark Attorneys Want Aurora Shooting Victims to Cover $700,000 in Legal Fees
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 26, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 12
Christiev Carothers's Oregon Farm Girls Put a Fresh Face on Modeling
Subway riders may have scoffed at the fresh-faced out-of-towners, but in fashion circles, Carothers's crop of country cuties is turning heads in New York City, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and Greece. "I tell the kids, 'No one has ever become rich and famous modeling in Medford,' " says Carothers." 'But this is a great springboard.' " Indeed, in January Janet Traynor, 20, was on the cover of Teen magazine, and last September Kristin Gossett, 15, was on the cover of Italy's Rakam magazine. When Elite and Ford came to Medford to scout, Elite signed Gossett on for a 60-day shoot in Tokyo that will pay her $25,000.
Is there something special in Medford's water? "The girls from Oregon have gorgeous, gorgeous skin," says Angelika Thibiant, director of new faces at Elite in Los Angeles. "Our models act un-affected and unspoiled because they are," says Carothers.
As first runner-up in the 1982 Miss California-USA pageant, Christiév, 27, started out on the other side of the camera. But she gave up the runway when she married Dennis, 35, a singer turned stockbroker, and had a son, Christopher, now 4. When Christiév started her agency two years ago, her ambition was to put on fashion shows at the local mall. "Now I'm getting calls in the middle of the night from Tokyo." And that ain't hay.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!