Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kelly Osbourne Remembers Life Lessons from Joan Rivers on Anniversary of Her Death
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Terminally Ill Single Mom Fights to Live and Die Her Way
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Introduces Daughter Ariah: 'She's My Mini-Me'
- Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Shares Sweet Photo in Celebration of Upcoming Wedding Anniversary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 19
Phantom Rider Sylvester Carmouche Galloped Out of the Bayou Mists—and into a Peck of Trouble
While denying that he cheated, Carmouche nonetheless admits he was pleasantly surprised by his steed's fleetness. "I didn't know the horse was going that fast," he says. "I just wanted to get back safely." At a hearing two weeks ago, lawyers for the phantom horseman argued his case before the Louisiana Racing Commission. "He could have passed people in the fog, and they would never have seen him," says attorney Kenneth Schaffer. "One jockey thought he had won a race that night, only to discover he had come in second." But Jeffrey Kallenberg, vice-chairman of the commission, was unconvinced. "I kept waiting for their bombshell, for their Perry Mason finish," he says, "but it never happened." With a lone dissenting vote, the board barred Carmouche from racing in Louisiana for 10 years—the stiffest penalty allowed. For now, however, the 5'6" father of five, who lives near Carencro, La., is back in the saddle—at least until his appeal is heard next month. "I never did anything wrong in my life," says the 13-year veteran. "I rode the race, and I win."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!