Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Magnitude 6.2 Earthquake Leaves at Least Six Dead in Central Italy: Report
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- Watch the Final Five Turn Into Hungry Hungry Humans on Tonight Show
- Downton Abbey Creator Shares His Vision for What Happened to the Crawley Estate and 4 More Revelations from the Show
- Watch Britney Spears and James Corden Sing 'Toxic' in New Carpool Karaoke Teaser
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Hands of a Murderer
Sherlock Holmes's archnemesis, Professor Moriarty (Anthony Andrews), escapes the gallows to hatch more dastardly plots. Andrews makes a formidable villain, but John (Magnum, P.I.) Hillerman is a mopey Watson, and Edward (The Equalizer) Wood-ward's severe profile is more impressive than his cranky portrayal of the detective. (Jeremy Brett has become the definitive TV Holmes.) The pace slows down considerably after a rapid opening and some aspects seem contrived, such as Holmes's deductive coups. But the period mood is sedulously maintained, and the Holmes mystique, even diluted, is diverting.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!