Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,080 covers and 53,257 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Fresh Prince Fans: This Might Be the Greatest Thing You'll See All Weekend
- What Super Sexy Game Did Diana DeGarmo & Ace Young Get as a Wedding Gift?
- Amanda Bynes Tweets Again, Accuses NYPD Officer of Sexual Harassment
- Brad Pitt 'Did Everything He Could' to Protect Angelina Jolie
- Review: Michael Douglas Is 'Simply Great' in Liberace Biopic
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday May 25, 2013 06:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Hands of a Murderer
Sherlock Holmes's archnemesis, Professor Moriarty (Anthony Andrews), escapes the gallows to hatch more dastardly plots. Andrews makes a formidable villain, but John (Magnum, P.I.) Hillerman is a mopey Watson, and Edward (The Equalizer) Wood-ward's severe profile is more impressive than his cranky portrayal of the detective. (Jeremy Brett has become the definitive TV Holmes.) The pace slows down considerably after a rapid opening and some aspects seem contrived, such as Holmes's deductive coups. But the period mood is sedulously maintained, and the Holmes mystique, even diluted, is diverting.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!