Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sofia Vergara's Ex-fiancé Nick Loeb Allowed to File for Custody of Embryos: Judge
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Toddler Throws Tantrum in Front of President Obama (PHOTO)
- Ireland Set to Become World's First Country to Approve Gay Marriage by Popular Vote
- DC Mansion Murders: Police Believe Suspect Daron Dylon Wint Had Help
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Hands of a Murderer
Sherlock Holmes's archnemesis, Professor Moriarty (Anthony Andrews), escapes the gallows to hatch more dastardly plots. Andrews makes a formidable villain, but John (Magnum, P.I.) Hillerman is a mopey Watson, and Edward (The Equalizer) Wood-ward's severe profile is more impressive than his cranky portrayal of the detective. (Jeremy Brett has become the definitive TV Holmes.) The pace slows down considerably after a rapid opening and some aspects seem contrived, such as Holmes's deductive coups. But the period mood is sedulously maintained, and the Holmes mystique, even diluted, is diverting.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!