Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Empire Engagement! Trai Byers Pops the Question to Co-Star Grace Gealey
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Alicia Silverstone's Brother Arrested on Marijuana Charges
- Whitney Cummings Opens Up About 25 Lb. Weight Gain: "I was Too Skinny Before"
- Former Boxing Champ Victor Ortiz Arrested at Kenny Chesney Concert
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 20
Jolting Joe, Pia, Hepburn—so Who Needs Hubble to Scope Out the Stars?
Hepburn and two other pieces of real estate, Helen Hayes and Jimmy Stewart, were chairpersons of the celebrity variety extravaganza, which raised $750,000 for the organization that runs a retirement home, an AIDS support program and other projects to assist performers.
The show, taped to air as an NBC special on May 21, featured Kid 'n Play rapping, Brooke Shields modeling and Henny Youngman stand-upping. At the 1985 Night of 100 Stars, which Pia Zadora did not attend, Steve Allen remarked that "if a bomb fell on this place, it would be a big break for Pia Zadora." This year invitee Pia dedicated a song to Allen.
Rue McClanahan, who spent most of the evening huddled with her fellow Golden Girls (all golden-dressed), offered a more seasoned assessment: "Nobody fell down. Nobody ripped her dress. No drunk-and-disorderlies. The audience didn't get up as a body and leave. All went well, I think."
July 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!