Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teen Thanks Taylor Swift for Saving Her Friends' Lives After Accident – with a Light-Up Bracelet from Singer's Concert
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Scripps National Spelling Bee Ends in a Tie for the Second Year in a Row
- D.C. Mansion Murders Surviving Housekeeper: 'They Saved My Life'
- The Bachelor's Chris Harrison Is 'Sorry' to Hear About Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff's Split
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 20
Eat My Shirts! Pesky Bart Simpson Tees Off a California Principal—and Gets Kicked Out of School for Swearing
Brown was not amused. He approached Alex and asked him not to wear the shirt again. The youngster politely complied. Brown permitted the innocuous Bartman shirt to be worn in school but banned another Bart model reading, UNDERACHIEVER AND PROUD OF IT, MAN.
Aye, caramba! Is this the beginning of a Bartlash? (The Underachiever T-shirts have also been nixed at five schools in Fremont, Ohio.) "I'm certainly not on any campaign," insists Brown, 39. But, he adds, "For a child to wear a T-shirt with the word hell on it—that's not exactly the type of behavior we hope elementary schools model. And I don't want kids even thinking being an underachiever is cool." The reaction from parents, he says, "has been almost 100 percent positive."
Not quite, dude. Says Jeanette Manning, 31, whose 12-year-old son, Chris, is a sixth-grader at Cambridge: "I almost went out and bought Chris [an underachiever shirt] just on principle." And Alex Romero's mother, Maira, 39, declares: "I'd much rather have him wearing a Bart Simpson [shirt] than one of those rock and roll T-shirts with the skull-and-crossbones on it."
But authority figures everywhere, beware: There's potential for a major cow when a talking Bart Simpson doll arrives on the market in August. Watch out, dudes!
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!