Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Female Soldier Killed in Action Remembers Her Daughter
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Chris Pratt's Son Thinks He's a Firefighter (VIDEO)
- Brody and Brandon Jenner Post to Instagram in Support of Dad Bruce Jenner
- NBC's Inquiry into Brian Williams Expands to Include More Potential Fabrications: Report
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 21
To Help the Homeless, Comedy's Heaviest Hitters Cheerfully Pitched Relief and Raised $7.5 Million
This year's 4½-hour laffathon, live from Radio City Music Hall, boasted co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams and a lineup of 40-plus yukmeisters, including Elayne Boosler, Richard Lewis, Bob Goldthwait and Steven Wright. Audrey Meadows basked in the nostalgic glow of a reunion with fellow Honeymooners Joyce Randolph and Art Carney, but lamented the absence of the late Jackie Gleason. Said Meadows: "I know he's seeing this and saying, 'Look at those three making arses of themselves.' "
But homelessness was where the heart was. Bob Saget said he'd like to introduce that and other tough themes on Full House—something he might have trouble doing on his other show, America's Funniest Home Videos. Danny Aiello confessed that, having grown up with six siblings, "I had a tremendous fear of becoming homeless."
Paul Rodriguez admitted that he had been homeless. "I've slept in a car," he said. "It's not nice." But Rodriguez feels he's in good company. "I mean, it happened to Brent Musburger"—the former CBS sportscaster who recently woke up without a network over his head. "It can happen to anybody."
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!