Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gabby Douglas Gives Fans a Health Update After Removing Cyst in Her Mouth: 'Feeling Much Better Now!'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Dolly Parton on How She's Helped Her Gay Family Members Come Out: 'You Don't Need to Live Your Life in Darkness'
- Donald Trump Confirms Trip to Mexico to Meet with President Enrique Peña Nieto
- Inside Gene Wilder's Final Days and Private Health Battle
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 1990
- Vol. 33
- No. 21
To Help the Homeless, Comedy's Heaviest Hitters Cheerfully Pitched Relief and Raised $7.5 Million
This year's 4½-hour laffathon, live from Radio City Music Hall, boasted co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams and a lineup of 40-plus yukmeisters, including Elayne Boosler, Richard Lewis, Bob Goldthwait and Steven Wright. Audrey Meadows basked in the nostalgic glow of a reunion with fellow Honeymooners Joyce Randolph and Art Carney, but lamented the absence of the late Jackie Gleason. Said Meadows: "I know he's seeing this and saying, 'Look at those three making arses of themselves.' "
But homelessness was where the heart was. Bob Saget said he'd like to introduce that and other tough themes on Full House—something he might have trouble doing on his other show, America's Funniest Home Videos. Danny Aiello confessed that, having grown up with six siblings, "I had a tremendous fear of becoming homeless."
Paul Rodriguez admitted that he had been homeless. "I've slept in a car," he said. "It's not nice." But Rodriguez feels he's in good company. "I mean, it happened to Brent Musburger"—the former CBS sportscaster who recently woke up without a network over his head. "It can happen to anybody."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!