Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 26, 1988
- Vol. 30
- No. 26
An Indomitable Little Girl, Determined to Recover from a Terrifying Fire, Looks Bravely Out at the World and Finds It Looking Back in Admiration and Wonder
The message has not been lost on our readers. Horrified at first by her suffering, then captivated by her unimaginable courage, they have written to Sage by the dozens, the hundreds and finally the thousands, uttering a kind of cry from the heart. Knowing what we do of childhood, we yearn, like the doctors and therapists who have worked with her tirelessly, to restore to Sage some innocent fragment of all she has lost. Yet we know, too, that in that flash of fire, her life was changed beyond our poor power to remedy. Her chin is repaired, her hair begins to grow back, but there is no happy ending to Sage's story—not yet. As nerves return to life and grafted skin stretches over her growing body, she is in more pain now than at any time since her accident. Ahead lie at least 11 more years of surgery. All this would seem unendurable but for what we know of this child's powers of endurance. Fragile but somehow unbreakable, she shows us the most distant boundaries of the human spirit and how far we must travel to reach them.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!