Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Hashtag Royal Baby: William & Kate to Announce Birth of Second Child on Twitter
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Goodfellas Cast Reunites at Tribeca Film Festival
- The Latest News on Bobbi Kristina Brown's Condition
- Meet the People Fighting to Get a Woman on the $20 Bill
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 30, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 4
A Footless Goose Becomes a Footless Goose--in Sneaks
So Fleming gave his sister-in-law a more valuable pair of geese in exchange for Andy and Andy's lifetime mate, Polly. Back on his own 91-acre spread in nearby Hastings, the 66-year-old retired businessman and farmer fitted Andy with a pair of size 0 baby shoes. When the $13 white leather shoes lasted only a month, Fleming made the switch to sneakers. As for the steps he took to teach the 40-lb. bird a new way to walk, Fleming sounds like any proud papa. "I held Andy upright for three hours before he figured out what to do with those shoes," says Fleming. "But when he got the hang of them, he just took off. Now he struts around like a peacock."
Loose as a you-know-what, Andy also runs, swims, flies and shows affection for his goose Samaritan. "He knows what I did," says the crafty cobbler, "and I think he's grateful. He's a one-man goose."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!