Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Will Kim Richards Stay on RHOBH?
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Kourtney Kardashian Talks Change Within Her Family: 'Everything Is Going to Be Really Positive'
- Naya Rivera Shows Off Growing Baby Bump in a Teeny Bikini – See the Photo
- Tyga and Kylie Jenner Party at Coachella with Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 30, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 4
Scott and Matthew Higa Make Their Mark as Bowling's Youngest Twin Strike Force
"It's hard to get them up for school, but for bowling on Saturday morning it's no problem," says dad Tom, 49, dealer of a San Francisco Chevron filling station, who can take some credit for that attitude himself. The boys, after all, inherited their love of bowling from their parents, who are league regulars and first took the tots along at age 2. Soon Scott (he's the older by two minutes) and Matthew began practicing at home with a plastic toy bowling set. At age 3, they enrolled in a tiny tots league at Serra Bowl in suburban Colma. By age 5, each had bowled his first 100-point game. Last year they switched from their waddle-to-the-foul-line-and-shove-with-both-hands style to a standard one-armed delivery of the 10-pound ball. Although neither second grader can yet keep score, they both keep an eye on the bottom line. "One of their greatest pleasures is beating me on the lanes," says mom Judy, 34, who works as her husband's bookkeeper.
On an off day Matthew might pummel the wall with tiny fists. Scott may throw up his hands in exasperation. But, notes their mom proudly, "they don't cry." Ask who's the better bowler, though, and the brothers squeal in unison, "Me."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!