Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince Harry Returns to the Polo Field After Making Time for a Special Visit for Princess Charlotte
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Who's Supporting – and Who's Slamming – Josh Duggar in the Wake of Molestation Scandal
- Stylist Works to Make Disability-Friendly Clothing More Accessible
- Sikh Man Who Removed Turban to Help Child Rewarded with an Extremely Sweet Surprise
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 15
Flix Chick Picks Stix; Or, Kim Basinger Buys Braselton
Some locals are nervous about the prospective purchaser. "She wants to put a movie studio here," says one area resident. "But if they're like her movies, it'll be pornography." Mayor Henry Braselton, 62, the latest of an unbroken line of Braselton's who have held that office during Braselton's 102-year history, says Basinger is "a sweet, caring person" who fell in love with his town. Brother Kit holds a similar view, even after seeing Basinger's nude photo in a 1983 Playboy. "I could feel myself turning red, I was so shocked," Kit says. "I was kinda thinking she might have on a bikini. I'm a church-going conservative, and I don't usually appreciate that kind of picture. But as far as I am concerned, she's a fine lady."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!