Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch: Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson Drop in on Dakota Johnson's SNL Monologue
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Dakota Johnson Joins ISIS for Controversial SNL Spoof Ad (VIDEO)
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- Bill Rancic: My Son Duke Is the 'Happiest Kid I've Ever Met'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 15
Call It Dangerous Excess as Loads of Oscar's Ladies Bust Out and Take the Plunge
Foster wasn't the only screen queen to leave little to the imagination. Best Supporting Actress (no jokes, please!) Geena Davis, Goldie Hawn, Melanie Griffith and Demi Moore, among others, had to take their bows very carefully. The temptation was to credit Dangerous Liaisons, the highbrow, low-cut Best Picture nominee. Glenn Close, after all, was out there sporting her décolletage in the movie—and featured the look at the awards ceremony as well. Said James Acheson, Liaisons' Oscar-winning costume designer: "There is a move toward décolletage and the fuller-bosomed look for women in fashion today."
Bloomingdale's is so taken with Liaisons and its oh-wow couture that it's giving a month long exhibition of the actual costumes—and adding a Bob Mackie-designed line of sleepwear inspired by the movie. None of the outfits affords any chest protection against sudden drafts. But, as a spokesman for the store said, putting the low-cut look in historical perspective: "When hasn't there been cleavage?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!