Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 15
Call It Dangerous Excess as Loads of Oscar's Ladies Bust Out and Take the Plunge
Foster wasn't the only screen queen to leave little to the imagination. Best Supporting Actress (no jokes, please!) Geena Davis, Goldie Hawn, Melanie Griffith and Demi Moore, among others, had to take their bows very carefully. The temptation was to credit Dangerous Liaisons, the highbrow, low-cut Best Picture nominee. Glenn Close, after all, was out there sporting her décolletage in the movie—and featured the look at the awards ceremony as well. Said James Acheson, Liaisons' Oscar-winning costume designer: "There is a move toward décolletage and the fuller-bosomed look for women in fashion today."
Bloomingdale's is so taken with Liaisons and its oh-wow couture that it's giving a month long exhibition of the actual costumes—and adding a Bob Mackie-designed line of sleepwear inspired by the movie. None of the outfits affords any chest protection against sudden drafts. But, as a spokesman for the store said, putting the low-cut look in historical perspective: "When hasn't there been cleavage?"
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!