Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Pregnant Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie Hit the Deadpool Red Carpet! – Plus Find Out What She's Craving!
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Bill Clinton Is One Proud Husband As He Takes Over Hillary's Instagram Account
- Amy Schumer's Boyfriend Posts Sweet Instagram Snap Saying He 'Hates' Having to Say Goodbye to the Comedian
- FROM EW: Goldie Hawn in Talks to Play Amy Schumer's Mother in Upcoming Comedy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 12, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 23
Gal Pals Sandra Bernhard and Madonna Monkey Around to Save the Jungle
During a concert that included the Grateful Dead's Bob Weir and the showstealing B-52s, Madonna and her fellow benefit organizer, artist Kenny Scharf, addressed the first issue. "The rain forest affects everyone," said Scharf, who will use the projected $750,000 from the concert and an art sale to buy and protect South American land. "It affects our weather, and many medicines are found there. If we destroy forests, we could destroy the cure for AIDS or cancer."
As for the other concern, Madonna and Bernhard's bump-and-grind rendition of "I Got You Babe" only raised more questions about their flirtatious friendship. "Don't believe those stories you hear about us," said Madonna coyly. "Believe them," corrected Bernhard.
After the concert, Billy Joel, Calvin Klein, Iman and 330 others joined the soul sisters for a midnight supper at the hip Vietnamese restaurant Indochine. There, Bernhard amplified on the teaser that, for the moment, ranked right up there with the planet's survival. "Madonna and I have a heart-and-soul friendship," she said. "Beyond that, it's nobody's business. The way we act together is a political statement. It's to say to the world, 'Get past the judgments. Accept people for what they are.' The rain forest is dying. What do you care more about, the rain forest or our sexuality?"
The rain forest. Really.
February 08, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!