Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Zolciak Breaks Down in Tears Off-Camera After Making Her Return to DWTS Post-Stroke
- Read the Cover Story: David Beckham: Sexiest Man Alive!
- Bob Saget Talks Mentor Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Allegations: 'It's Just Sad For All The People Involved'
- Newborn Found in Manger of New York Nativity Church Nativity Scene
- Ben Affleck Admits Feeling a 'Ton Of Pressure' For Upcoming Movie Batman v Superman
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 19, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 24
Rockers Finally Grow Statuesque as Their Very First Annual Awards Honor Richards, Clapton & Co.
Televised live from a stage of toppled Stonehenge-style Styrofoam columns, the first annual ceremony was a reunion of longtime rocksters: Robert Palmer, Lou Reed, David Bowie (with his new band, Tin Machine), Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper and Keith Richards, who won the Living Legend Award. Relatively fresh faces on the scene included Newcomer of the Year winners Living Colour—hard rock's biggest black band since Sly and the Family Stone. There were some notable absentees, among them: Lead Male Vocalist, Bono; Most Valuable Bass Player, Sting; and Most Valuable Drummer, Phil Collins. Madonna was another no-show, and her Lead Female Vocalist Award incited a chorus of boos from the audience—a statement, producer Bill Zysblat speculated, that she's more pop tart than rock queen.
After a group jam of Richards and Clapton's favorite," I Hear You Knocking," the musicians repaired to a downtown nightclub where they were joined by celebs of lateral status: Sean Penn, Grace Jones, race car driver Danny Sullivan, Phoebe Snow. It was very exclusive, but not, as the Palmer song goes, "Simply Irresistible." "I'll have more fun," sighed Ric Ocasek's date, model Paulina Porizkova, "when I go home."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!