Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hundreds of Mourners Meet At Cathriona White's Hometown in Ireland to Pay Respects
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Inside Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's Relationship with Their Daughter Isabella
- Massachusetts Judge Refuses to Throw Out Defamation Suit Against Bill Cosby Filed by Three Alleged Victims
- 778-Lb. Man Gets Kicked Out of Hospital for Ordering a Pizza, Violating His Care Plan
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 19, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 24
Rockers Finally Grow Statuesque as Their Very First Annual Awards Honor Richards, Clapton & Co.
Televised live from a stage of toppled Stonehenge-style Styrofoam columns, the first annual ceremony was a reunion of longtime rocksters: Robert Palmer, Lou Reed, David Bowie (with his new band, Tin Machine), Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper and Keith Richards, who won the Living Legend Award. Relatively fresh faces on the scene included Newcomer of the Year winners Living Colour—hard rock's biggest black band since Sly and the Family Stone. There were some notable absentees, among them: Lead Male Vocalist, Bono; Most Valuable Bass Player, Sting; and Most Valuable Drummer, Phil Collins. Madonna was another no-show, and her Lead Female Vocalist Award incited a chorus of boos from the audience—a statement, producer Bill Zysblat speculated, that she's more pop tart than rock queen.
After a group jam of Richards and Clapton's favorite," I Hear You Knocking," the musicians repaired to a downtown nightclub where they were joined by celebs of lateral status: Sean Penn, Grace Jones, race car driver Danny Sullivan, Phoebe Snow. It was very exclusive, but not, as the Palmer song goes, "Simply Irresistible." "I'll have more fun," sighed Ric Ocasek's date, model Paulina Porizkova, "when I go home."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!