Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,107 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Members of Congress Read Mean Tweets About Themselves (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Hope Solo Opens Up About Why She Went to Therapy
- What Was Molly Ringwald's Most Embarrassing Moment While Filming The Breakfast Club?
- Zac Efron's Girlfriend Sami Miró: I'm Always Borrowing Zac's Clothes!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 19, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 24
Malcolm Forbes, a Very Good Pal, Arrives at Liz's House Bearing Gifts
Bearing that in mind, her longtime buddy, free-marketeer Malcolm Forbes, recently dropped by Taylor's Bel Air home and laid some presents on the gal who has everything. The baubles Forbes came bearing included a pair of dazzling diamond-and-ruby earrings (for a rumored $250,000), a piece of trendy artwork and, just to make sure all the bases were covered, a chocolate-frosted cake fashioned after a Fabergé egg.
The occasion? It wasn't a birthday, anniversary or even Christmas. It was just that Liz had a lunch date with Forbes, who'd flown into L.A. aboard his personal plane, The Capitalist Tool, for his niece's wedding. Liz autographed Forbes's own recently purchased Warhol silk screen of her: "Dearest Malcolm, All my love, Elizabeth."
Forbes admitted that the cake, shaped after one of the Imperial Fabergé eggs in his collection, "cost almost as much as the real thing." Even so, the ever-courtly gentleman received adequate return on his investment. "It's always an occasion," he said, "to be with Elizabeth."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!