Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jessica Alba's Honest Company Responds to Sunscreen Complaints: 'We Take All Consumer Feedback Very Seriously'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- All About Little People, Big World star Zach Roloff's Unique Poppyseed Raspberry Wedding Cake
- Christina Applegate Admits to Being "in Awe" of Chris Hemsworth's Abs
- All the Thoughts That Go Through Your Mind When You Look at JLo's Instagram
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 1989
- Vol. 31
- No. 25
Dionne Warwick Rounds Up Her Celeb Pals to Fight AIDS
The New York City revels began on a Thursday night with a black-tie dinner (for which guests paid up to $1,000 per veal chop) aboard the aircraft carrier-museum U.S.S. Intrepid. Much to the frenzy of the paparazzi, Dionne and her good buddies Sammy and Frank—the Sammy and Frank—arrived at the same time. "When Dionne first told me about it," said Sinatra, "I said, 'Anytime, anywhere—and what do I wear?' "
Friday there was a ceremony in Battery Park, where bulbs have been planted to give hope to AIDS patients. Saturday's high point was a concert at Avery Fisher Hall featuring Gregory Hines, Gladys Knight, Dionne's cousin Whitney Houston and Cyndi Lauper—who wore a blue see-through dress to sing "True Colors." Sunday ended with a tour of New York's hottest night spots, with all admission fees going to New York AIDS programs.
As the weekend wound down, Warwick reflected on the fates of the children she has vowed to help: "They will be nurtured, cared for, hugged, sung to, cuddled, kissed and taught there is love."
As the song goes, that's what friends are for.
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!