Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Diane Kruger Gives C.J. Parker a Run for Her Money in Red One-Piece Swimsuit
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Stanford Sexual Assault Convict Brock Turner to Be Released From Jail on Friday
- Vicki Gunvalson Has the Support of the Last RHOC Alum You'd Expect
- Kelly Dodd Defends Her Bad Behavior to Heather Dubrow: 'I Don't Just Attack People'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 10, 1989
- Vol. 32
- No. 2
For a Star-Studded Gala Against Children's Aids, Some Politicians Will Even Cross Party Lines
Well, maybe not entirely beyond politics. When Cher took center stage as the evening's main event she was wearing a dress that by her standards was positively demure—strapless but floor length. The outfit she announced after her first number, "was for the Republicans in the crowd.... And now something for the Democrats." Cher then yanked off the lower two-thirds of her outfit
Though politicians are frequently accused of not keeping promises, Metzenbaum kept his vow to the audience. "Orrin and I have decided that we will not close the show by looking into each other's eye and singing, 'I Got You, Babe.' " The sighs of relief were bipartisan.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!