Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Grey's Anatomy Fans Launch Petition to Bring Back McDreamy
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Woman Charged with Sealing Baby in Plastic Bag After Giving Birth At Work
- Jillian Michaels Shares Her Secret to Mom Sanity (Hint: No Kids Allowed!)
- From EW: Patrick Dempsey Opens Up About His Surprising Grey's Exit
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 1989
- Vol. 32
- No. 3
Great Balls of Fire! Opens with a Whole Lot of Shakin' on Both Coasts
The June 26 New York premiere drew the likes of She-Devil co-stars Meryl Streep and Roseanne Barr, Timothy Hut-ton and David Byrne. Naturally, almost everyone said they had always been fans of the Killer. Ralph Macchio made the faux pas of saying he listens to his father's Jerry Lee Lewis records. Peter Noone, of Herman's Hermits, said he has fond memories of Jerry performing in England, and he doesn't think the enfant terrible has changed much. "He was playing the piano with his bum last week," said Noone.
Actually, at the party that night at the Ritz, Jerry Lee was playing the piano with Dennis Quaid as they dueled their way through "Great Balls of Fire," the song But Quaid, growing restless, ran off to the Plaza, where he banged the keys 'til 3 A.M. while Hutton, Johnny Depp and Sean Pen hooted and hollered their approval.
On the West Coast, Quaid had a more sedate date—steady Meg Ryan. At the June 29 screening they sat in back—not to smooch but to sneak out I've seen it three times" was Quaid's explanation.
Later, at the Hard Rock Cafe, Jerry Lee and Quaid again attacked the piano. That's the problem with still-living legends: They want to share the spotlight.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!