Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's NSFW 'Famous' Music Video Features a Topless Taylor Swift Sculpture: 'Special Thanks for Being Famous'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- It's a Girl! Audrina Patridge Welcomes Daughter Kirra Max
- Restaurant Owner Fires His Son After Customer Is Called 'Fatty' on Receipt
- Mother of Accused Slenderman Stabber Expresses Concern Over Daughter's Future After Teen's Mental Illness Stabilizes: 'With Lucidity Comes Awareness'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 31, 1997
- Vol. 47
- No. 12
Amid Rumors of An Office Romance (Hers), Former D.C. Powers Ed and Sherrie Rollins Call It Quits
These days, though, Ed, 54, and Sherrie, 38, who met while working on Ronald Reagan's 1984 reelection campaign, are living on separate floors of their Bronxville, N.Y., home. Last week, Ed, now general manager of New York City's Edelman Public Relations, acknowledged they had decided to divorce amid rumors of Sherrie's involvement with her former boss David Westin, 44, new head of ABC News. (Sherrie, a public relations exec at ABC, told columnist Liz Smith she is "in love" with Westin but denied an affair.) Says a friend who attended the Rollinses' elegant 1987 wedding in Roanoke, Va.: "They had a good-natured sense of humor about themselves. I thought that would get them through anything."
Ultimately it didn't, according to the couple's sharply divided friends. "A line has been drawn in the sand," says one ominously. Sherrie's partisans say Ed's penchant for controversy made for a turbulent life. Ed's friends characterize Sherrie as an intensely social career woman bent on advancement. On one topic, though, both sides agree: Ed and Sherrie remain devoted to Lily, the 2-year-old daughter they adopted in 1995, and may seek joint custody.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!