Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Arizona Girls, 15, Killed in Suspected Murder-Suicide Were 'Very Close' and Appeared to be Dating: Police
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Hello, It's Me! Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, Jennifer Lawrence and More Attend Adele's Special L.A. Concert
- VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds Reveals the Lesson from His Late Father He Hopes to Pass on to Daughter James
- Katy Perry's Grammy Plans This Year Include Pajamas, Matzo Ball Soup and (Possibly) Taylor Swift
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 16, 1997
- Vol. 47
- No. 23
The Husky-Voiced Gambler Deals Wanda Miller a Kiss and a Platinum Ring
His persistence paid off. On June 1, after a four-year courtship, Rogers and Miller, the daughter of Tina and Charles, a railroad engineer who bears a resemblance to Rogers, were wed on the singer's ranch near Athens, Ga. With 150 guests looking on and rain beating a quadrille on the roof of the estate's iris-bedecked, 90,000-square-foot barn, Miller glided up a runway in a white-satin sleeveless gown with a pearl-beaded bodice and 10-foot train. Rogers didn't just say, "I do." He sang it. "I'll give you the future," he crooned from a new song the bride inspired, "if you'll forgive me my past."
While it was Miller's second marriage (her first, to an Englishman, ended in 1994), Rogers had taken four brides before, the last being former Hee Haw regular Marianne Gordon, and fathered three children—Carole Billingsley, 38, an art-gallery sales rep; Kenny Jr., 33, who scores films; and Christopher, 15. The bride's mother—at 56, two years younger than her new son-in-law—didn't like the age gap at first. "But as time went on we learned to love him," she says. "And Kenny is making Wanda so happy."
Kenny is also having a Wanda-full time. Says her twin sister, Tonia: "They are like high school sweethearts. Kenny is so young at heart." As Kenny's brother Randy, an executive for the Kenny Rogers Roasters chain, puts it: "Just the other day he was bungee jumping and parachuting. I think that's strictly Wanda."
MARISA SALCINES in Athens
- Marisa Salcines.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!