Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How the Pitch Perfect Cast Got Anna Kendrick Hooked on The Bachelor
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- VIDEO: Patrick Stewart Snorts Coke as Out-of-Control News Anchor in New Series Blunt Talk
- Josh Duhamel Shares Sweet Birthday Message to Fergie
- New York Jets Help High Schooler Ask Boy to Prom (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 3
Fit for a King
The Duke and Duchess of Windsor's Possessions Go on the Auction Block
Al Fayed, who also owns Harrods and the Hotel Ritz in Paris, spent more than $30 million restoring the villa and its contents to look, he once told The New York Times, "as if the Duke and Duchess had just gone out to dinner." While Sotheby's predicts the sale will gross between $5 and $7 million (proceeds will go to children's charities), with curios like the Duchess's eyeglasses and the Duke's adjustable-length safari shorts available, the auction will surely run higher. "It's an extraordinary collection," says Sotheby's Joseph Friedman. "Al Fayed had a hard time parting with it." Maybe not that hard. "[It's] a great fantasy which I love to live in," he told PEOPLE in 1990, but "it sometimes gives you the creeps."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!