Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM FORTUNE: The Internet Wants to Know Why Donald Trump Keeps Sniffling
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Trump Blames Clinton for Everything! Donald Goes on the Attack as Hillary Accuses Him of Saying 'Crazy Things'
- 'I Don't Know If I Have Enough Wine for This': The Best Social Media Reactions to the Clinton-Trump Presidential Debate
- Fourteen Months After Florida Teen Disappears at Sea, Mother Posts Touching Tribute on Instragram
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 21, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 3
Fit for a King
The Duke and Duchess of Windsor's Possessions Go on the Auction Block
Al Fayed, who also owns Harrods and the Hotel Ritz in Paris, spent more than $30 million restoring the villa and its contents to look, he once told The New York Times, "as if the Duke and Duchess had just gone out to dinner." While Sotheby's predicts the sale will gross between $5 and $7 million (proceeds will go to children's charities), with curios like the Duchess's eyeglasses and the Duke's adjustable-length safari shorts available, the auction will surely run higher. "It's an extraordinary collection," says Sotheby's Joseph Friedman. "Al Fayed had a hard time parting with it." Maybe not that hard. "[It's] a great fantasy which I love to live in," he told PEOPLE in 1990, but "it sometimes gives you the creeps."
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!