Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: See Joanna Krupa's Egg-Retrieval Procedure
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- It's Another Girl for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 04:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 4
Nine Months After Meeting Dr. Andrew Schiff, Karenna Gore Opts for Lifetime Medical Coverage
Loud and clear. Yet considering the couple's lineage (the groom is a descendant of 19th-century banker Jacob Schiff, who was one of the richest men in the U.S.), their July 12 nuptials, held at Washington's National Cathedral, where Al and Tipper Gore had wed 27 years earlier, were tastefully understated. The bride, a 1995 Harvard grad who will start law school this fall, wore a simple but exquisite ivory satin Vera Wang gown. Violinist Mark O'Connor played the "Appalachia Waltz" during the otherwise traditional ceremony, in which, said one guest, "every single moment was just perfect."
As was the rocking reception. In a tent outside the vice-presidential residence, more than 300 guests sampled the seven-tiered wedding cake. Aretha Franklin sang "The Way I Love You." And President Clinton, without Hillary (visiting Europe with Chelsea), took to the floor with Karenna's sister Sarah, 18. "On a scale of 1 to 10," says guest Joe Califano, HEW secretary in the Carter administration, "this wedding was 100."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!