Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeremiah Brent on Sharing Daddy Duties with Husband Nate Berkus: 'As a Parent, You Kind of Just Fall Into Your Roles'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Tweed Dress Ideal for Curvy Body Types
- WATCH: Is Simone Biles Really Dating Her 'Brazilian Boyfriend!?' Is Aly Raisman Excited for Her Date with Raiders' Tight End Colton Underwood?!
- Angela Kinsey Shares How Her Daughter Isabel Makes Her 'Heart Melt'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 4
Nine Months After Meeting Dr. Andrew Schiff, Karenna Gore Opts for Lifetime Medical Coverage
Loud and clear. Yet considering the couple's lineage (the groom is a descendant of 19th-century banker Jacob Schiff, who was one of the richest men in the U.S.), their July 12 nuptials, held at Washington's National Cathedral, where Al and Tipper Gore had wed 27 years earlier, were tastefully understated. The bride, a 1995 Harvard grad who will start law school this fall, wore a simple but exquisite ivory satin Vera Wang gown. Violinist Mark O'Connor played the "Appalachia Waltz" during the otherwise traditional ceremony, in which, said one guest, "every single moment was just perfect."
As was the rocking reception. In a tent outside the vice-presidential residence, more than 300 guests sampled the seven-tiered wedding cake. Aretha Franklin sang "The Way I Love You." And President Clinton, without Hillary (visiting Europe with Chelsea), took to the floor with Karenna's sister Sarah, 18. "On a scale of 1 to 10," says guest Joe Califano, HEW secretary in the Carter administration, "this wedding was 100."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!