Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Happy Birthday, Jessica Biel! Check Out Her Changing Looks
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- What 50 Cent Wants to Achieve by the Age of 50 (VIDEO)
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 28, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 4
A Bug Bracelet Makes Dino Miliotis Millions
Not likely that he'll have to. Miliotis, 31, has discovered earning millions is all in the wrist. The Chicago native distributes Bug-Ban, a mosquito repellent that has become the rage—and buzz—of the bug-busting industry. Containing a blend of geranium, lemongrass and citronella, the nontoxic plastic wristbands last up to 40 hours, eliminating the need for sprays and lotions. "If you can keep chemicals off your hands," says golfer Lou Guzzi, "you won't have slippage. That's a big draw for golfers." Miliotis, a former sports-memorabilia salesman who began marketing Bug-Ban last April (inventor Bill Canale, who first showed him the product in 1994, remains a silent partner in the company), says "mosquitoes are scent-driven. They just hate Bug-Ban's smell."
People obviously don't. So far, 18 million Bug-Bans—at $2.49 to $2.99—have been sold in gas stations, golf shops and select Walgreens and Wal-Marts in the U.S. and Canada, making Miliotis, his wife, Joann, and their two sons millionaires. Next, Miliotis plans to market Bug-Ban in malaria-plagued Africa. No wonder when friends tease him about his "human flea collar," his grin grows wider. "I just tell them, go ahead and bug me," he says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!