Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Remains of North Carolina 13-Year-Old Found After She Vanished 5 Years Ago as Parents Sit in Jail
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Gloria Steinem Defends Jennifer Aniston Amid Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Divorce: 'Enough Already'
- Prince William and Princess Kate Set Sail in a Canoe!
- 60-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth for the First Time to Healthy Twin Boys: 'Age Is Not a Number with God'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 25, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 8
Picks and Pans Review: The Full Monty
Well, as they say, it beats going on the dole. After watching local lasses queue for a one-night appearance by Chippendales types, Carlyle, a laid-off steelworker in Sheffield, England, persuades his other unemployed buddies that doffing their clothes is the way to financial security. This makes for a jolly, slick ensemble comedy, with particularly good performances by Wilkinson, as an ex-supervisor who clutters his middle-class lawn with garden gnomes, and Mark Addy, who must overcome the shame he feels for his love handles. The movie is completely, cheerfully inoffensive, though there's something going on here about disempowered men trying to reclaim their masculinity by exposing themselves. Best not to think about it. (R)
- Tom Gliatto,
- Ken Baker.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!