Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teen Mom Beats the Odds, Becomes Valedictorian (Video)
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Nikki Reed Shares Romantic Wedding Day Video Full of Kisses with Ian Somerhalder
- Texas Woman Rescues Seven People from Flood: 'Fear Wasn't Going to Serve Anyone in that Moment'
- From SI: 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Apologizes for Houston Storm Post
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 27, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 17
Donatella Versace Makes a Fashionable Debut as Head of Her Late Brother's Label
Winning raves ("bold, smart and well-polished," said Women's Wear Daily), Donatella also wowed her brother's devoted clients with rubberized silk gowns, stilettos and leather shorts. "The collection was fantastic," said front-row attendee Demi Moore, sporting a gray halter-top dress from the new collection. "It had everything of [Gianni] and so much of her." My Best Friend's Wedding's Rupert Everett agreed: "Donatella did a brilliant job."
After the show 150 guests dined on truffle risotto and toasted Donatella's triumph at the Versace palazzo. Still the celebration was tinged with solemnity. "Donatella is an incredibly strong person and a fantastic designer," said Sting's wife, Trudie Styler. "[But] it's very sad to know that Gianni won't be here."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!