Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sean Hayes & Husband Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble'
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- FROM TIME: Police Say Germanwings Pilot 'Hid' Mental Illness Before Crash
- What Does Dolly Parton Think of Taylor Swift?
- What 'Rite of Passage' Is Nick Jonas Looking Forward To?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 27, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 17
Donatella Versace Makes a Fashionable Debut as Head of Her Late Brother's Label
Winning raves ("bold, smart and well-polished," said Women's Wear Daily), Donatella also wowed her brother's devoted clients with rubberized silk gowns, stilettos and leather shorts. "The collection was fantastic," said front-row attendee Demi Moore, sporting a gray halter-top dress from the new collection. "It had everything of [Gianni] and so much of her." My Best Friend's Wedding's Rupert Everett agreed: "Donatella did a brilliant job."
After the show 150 guests dined on truffle risotto and toasted Donatella's triumph at the Versace palazzo. Still the celebration was tinged with solemnity. "Donatella is an incredibly strong person and a fantastic designer," said Sting's wife, Trudie Styler. "[But] it's very sad to know that Gianni won't be here."
March 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!