Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Bieber on Rumored Girlfriend Hailey Baldwin: She's 'Someone I Really Love,' Says the Singer
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Sexiest Dad Alive
- Big Ang's Mob Wives Costar Carla Facciolo Speaks Out: 'You'd Never Know' She Has Stage 4 Cancer
- Charlie Sheen Calls Doctor Who Claimed to Cure Him of HIV 'Dangerous'
- Is Hillary in Trouble After Losing New Hampshire, the Clinton 'Comeback' State?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 03, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 18
Picks and Pans Review: The Velvet Rope
What do you need to make a Janet Jackson song? Not a whole lot of Janet, judging by "Got 'Til It's Gone," an understated, hip-hop pastiche that features the unlikely but inspired pairing of rapper Q-Tip and a sampled Joni Mitchell. It's the first single to emerge from The Velvet Rope, Jackson's first studio album in four years, but if you sneeze, you might miss her vocals altogether. Same goes for the funk-you-up "Free Xone," where she just giggles and talks under her breath.
But who cares? You want singing, then go buy a Cecilia Bartoli record. A Janet Jackson album is about star power, which in this case means coupling her sexy (this time Janet explores S&M) but still accessible attitude with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis's thundering, damn-the-torpedoes production. When those two elements fuse, it's easy to overlook what's missing. (Virgin)
- Peter Ames Carlin,
- Alec Foege,
- Craig Tomashoff,
- Amy Linden,
- Bob Gulla.
February 10, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!