Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Two Mainstream Diet Plans That Actually Work, According to Science
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Heading to Coachella This Weekend? Nab These Stylish (and Affordable!) Looks From Jamie, Kendall and More Stars!
- Princess Kate Enjoys a Pre-Birth Break at a Familiar Place
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 19
Colleen Wolstenholme's Jewelry Chases the Blues
Marketed through her own catalog and on the Internet (prices range from $25 for a Zoloft ring to $135 for a Paxil pendant), Wolstenholme's silver-cast designs have already hooked pop artists such as Jill Sobule. "I thought her jewelry was very timely and very clever," says singer and Lilith Fair organizer Sarah McLachlan, who let her longtime friend sell the pill-wear at Lilith Fair. Adds Sobule, who sports a necklace made of the painkiller Tylenol 4: "There's something so theater of the absurd about it, so wonderful, funny and ironic."
Trained as a sculptor at Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, Wolstenholme—who two years ago took Paxil to help get over an abusive relationship—began making her jewelry as a way to "say how sad it is that there is a need for pills." Still living in Halifax (Mom is an executive at a child-care organization; Dad is a retired teacher), Wolstenholme, who gets her pills from friends and acquaintances, now uses yoga, herbal tea and the positive side effects of her career to battle any lingering blues. As for the drug companies, she hasn't heard a word. "I'd think they'd think it was funny," she says.
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!