Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Britney Spears Shares Her Go-to Playlist with PEOPLE
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- FROM EW: Our Dream Cast for The Wiz
- 3 Reasons Jay Z's Streaming Service Could Make Spotify Sweat
- Playboy Claims Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty and James Caan Had Secret Underground Tunnels from Their Homes to the Playboy Mansion
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 10, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 19
Colleen Wolstenholme's Jewelry Chases the Blues
Marketed through her own catalog and on the Internet (prices range from $25 for a Zoloft ring to $135 for a Paxil pendant), Wolstenholme's silver-cast designs have already hooked pop artists such as Jill Sobule. "I thought her jewelry was very timely and very clever," says singer and Lilith Fair organizer Sarah McLachlan, who let her longtime friend sell the pill-wear at Lilith Fair. Adds Sobule, who sports a necklace made of the painkiller Tylenol 4: "There's something so theater of the absurd about it, so wonderful, funny and ironic."
Trained as a sculptor at Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, Wolstenholme—who two years ago took Paxil to help get over an abusive relationship—began making her jewelry as a way to "say how sad it is that there is a need for pills." Still living in Halifax (Mom is an executive at a child-care organization; Dad is a retired teacher), Wolstenholme, who gets her pills from friends and acquaintances, now uses yoga, herbal tea and the positive side effects of her career to battle any lingering blues. As for the drug companies, she hasn't heard a word. "I'd think they'd think it was funny," she says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!