Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Two 90-Year-Old World War II Veterans Parachute Into Field Where One Was Shot Down 72 Years Ago
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- In Honor of Women's Equality Day: 11 Famous Women Currently Rocking the World
- Dog with a Job: Meet Bailey the Seagull Security Guard
- Stowaway Cat Discovered Under Seat During Air Canada Flight
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 20
Sebastian Junger: Sexiest Author
Junger's book-jacket photo may look like a Calvin Klein ad, but the Massachusetts-bom, former professional tree-cutter seems remarkably unaffected by the tempest he's causing. "He's got these rugged good looks, but he's a little unconscious about it," says Junger's girlfriend of two years, Maria Lamadrid, an administrator at Manhattan's Columbia University. Lamadrid reports that there are no mirrors in her boyfriend's tiny East Village walk-up. "When he shaves," she says, "he uses the back of a CD." Junger, 35, says that he yanked the looking glasses as a symbolic gesture "so I wouldn't be thinking about myself." But the author, who recently used part of the $1.35 million that he received from the sales of Storm's film and paperback rights to buy a $4,500 sailing sloop, concedes, "Sometimes I think I'm sexy—when I'm doing tree work, covered in sawdust."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!