Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- You Have to See These Surprisingly Romantic CrossFit Engagement Photos
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Arizona Mother of 7 Stabbed to Death By Husband in Front of Kids
- Celine Dion Facing Her Husband's Health Crisis 'We're Living Each Day to the Fullest'
- Why Katy Perry Outsources Her Doggy 'Doo-ties'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 20
Sebastian Junger: Sexiest Author
Junger's book-jacket photo may look like a Calvin Klein ad, but the Massachusetts-bom, former professional tree-cutter seems remarkably unaffected by the tempest he's causing. "He's got these rugged good looks, but he's a little unconscious about it," says Junger's girlfriend of two years, Maria Lamadrid, an administrator at Manhattan's Columbia University. Lamadrid reports that there are no mirrors in her boyfriend's tiny East Village walk-up. "When he shaves," she says, "he uses the back of a CD." Junger, 35, says that he yanked the looking glasses as a symbolic gesture "so I wouldn't be thinking about myself." But the author, who recently used part of the $1.35 million that he received from the sales of Storm's film and paperback rights to buy a $4,500 sailing sloop, concedes, "Sometimes I think I'm sexy—when I'm doing tree work, covered in sawdust."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!