Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrates Her 44th Birthday with a Makeup-Free Selfie
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Halle Berry Stuns in Pink and Black David Koma Bodycon Dress at Revlon Luncheon
- Protesters Gather as Man Is Shot and Wounded by San Diego Police: Report
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 20
Sebastian Junger: Sexiest Author
Junger's book-jacket photo may look like a Calvin Klein ad, but the Massachusetts-bom, former professional tree-cutter seems remarkably unaffected by the tempest he's causing. "He's got these rugged good looks, but he's a little unconscious about it," says Junger's girlfriend of two years, Maria Lamadrid, an administrator at Manhattan's Columbia University. Lamadrid reports that there are no mirrors in her boyfriend's tiny East Village walk-up. "When he shaves," she says, "he uses the back of a CD." Junger, 35, says that he yanked the looking glasses as a symbolic gesture "so I wouldn't be thinking about myself." But the author, who recently used part of the $1.35 million that he received from the sales of Storm's film and paperback rights to buy a $4,500 sailing sloop, concedes, "Sometimes I think I'm sexy—when I'm doing tree work, covered in sawdust."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!