Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ultimate Senior Prank? 72,000 Live Ladybugs Let Loose in the School (Video)
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Missing Massachusetts Teen is Hitchhiking Across Connecticut: Police
- VIDEO: Amy Schumer Takes on Bill Cosby in New Courtroom Sketch
- Blonde Kim Kardashian Has a Mega Marilyn Moment in Vogue Brazil, Goes Topless (PHOTOS)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 20
George Strait: Sexiest Country Singer
A two-time Country Music Association entertainer of the year, Strait, 45, saves his own dreams for Norma, his wife of nearly 27 years and the woman he calls "the first girl I ever loved." Growing up in tiny Pearsall, Texas, "we knew each other forever," he told Country Weekly magazine. "Then one day I thought, 'I'm missing the boat here!' so I called her up. Before long, we were married." Together they've weathered the ups and downs of fame and even the death of their daughter Jenifer, 13, in a 1986 car accident. (The couple also has a son, George Jr., 16.) And in a business where "D-l-V-O-R-C-E" is more than just a song title, that enduring devotion has only added to Strait's appeal. "It's hard to be on the road and away from your spouse," says Loveless. "To me, it says a whole lot when a couple stays together that long."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!