Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Duff Goldman's Ice Cream Burritos Are Everything We Want for the Super Bowl, and In Life
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Mother Pleads Guilty to Assault After She Claimed for Years Her Daughters Suffered from Severe Health Problems
- Which Fellow Country Singer Is Keith Urban Crushing On?
- Jennifer Grey on Her Dad Joel Grey's Coming Out: 'I Feel Very Happy' for Him
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 17, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 20
Richard Branson: Sexiest Businessman
Decades later the 47-year-old British founder of Virgin Atlantic Airways—and the Virgin record label and music store chain—is still leaving females breathless. Only now the reaction is to his blue eyes, slightly disheveled exterior and—let's face it—his $2.1 billion personal fortune.
Branson, the son of a barrister and a dancer, "isn't a 'candles in the bathroom romantic,' " says Kristen Tomassi, who still views him fondly though their four-year marriage ended in 1976. "He's more of an outrageous romantic." Still, whether hot air ballooning above the African veld or overseeing his very own Caribbean island, Branson is always an admirer of the opposite sex. "I think women are beautiful," he says, "and I'm not afraid of showing it." Ivana Trump can vouch for that: Branson once flipped her upside down at a party. "Richard is good-looking and very smart, which is sexy to start with," she says. "He also makes a billion dollars before breakfast—and still knows how to have fun."
The woman who keeps this magnate grounded is Joan Templeman, his Glasgow-born wife of eight years and the mother of his two children. Branson calls her "fantastically adorable," adding, "With Joan, I was searching for someone down-to-earth." Which Is not to diminish his lust for the sky. For the benefit of amorous air travelers, says Branson, by the year 2001 his planes "are going to have Jacuzzis, showers and double beds."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!