Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teen Thanks Taylor Swift for Saving Her Friends' Lives After Accident – with a Light-Up Bracelet from Singer's Concert
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Scripps National Spelling Bee Ends in a Tie for the Second Year in a Row
- D.C. Mansion Murders Surviving Housekeeper: 'They Saved My Life'
- The Bachelor's Chris Harrison Is 'Sorry' to Hear About Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff's Split
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 21
Good as Gold
After 75 Years, Isadore and Sarah Rosenthal Are Bound Together by Love and a Well-Traveled Ring
And so, it seems, is the simple gold band that he slipped onto his bride's finger on their wedding day, Nov. 5, 1922. Since then the ring, originally his mother's, has been loaned out for the nuptials of 15 relatives—children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews—with impressive results. Not one of the marriages has ended in divorce.
The Rosenthals met in Washington in 1918, when Isadore was 18 and Sarah Seigel only 14. Three years later, Isadore proposed on bended knee. Over the years he worked as a Navy engineer and a real estate manager, while Sarah was a homemaker. Their two children—Bette, 73, who recently celebrated her 50th anniversary, and Helen, 68, who is coming up on her 49th—agree that their parents' devotion to each other, not the ring, inspired the family's uninterrupted reign of matrimonial harmony.
Yet the Rosenthals' 14 great-grandchildren look forward, as their parents did, to using that ring. "It'll be passed down from generation to generation," says Bette's husband, David Gordin, 76, "because they know the kind of lives these two people have led, and they hope to have the same."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!