Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- American Girl Debuts New WellieWishers Line – with Books Penned by Iconic American Girl Author Valerie Tripp
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Chris Brown in Legal Trouble Again After Former Manager Accuses Him of 'Brutally Attacking' Him
- WATCH: Judy Garland's Daughter Lorna Luft Sings 'Over the Rainbow' for the First Time, in Tribute to Orlando, Stonewall and Her Late Mother
- Charlotte Tilbury Reveals the Inspiration Behind the Lipstick She Co-Created with Kim Kardashian West
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 15, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 24
Stephanie Jackson Says Do Curls—Don't Curl Up—with Kitty
Call it feline intervention. The author of Catflexing: A Cat Lover's Guide to Weight Training, Aerobics & Stretching, Jackson ultimately landed a $10,000 advance to write a humorous how-to about such exercises as the Kitty Push-Up and Tricep Cat Extension (she suggests sweating to music by—who else?—the Pet Shop Boys). The book, says Jackson, is "tongue-in-cheek. Bad and I have fun, but it comes off as serious. She gets so excited [when we work out] that she runs around in a circle, then I chase, and I pick her up and do more."
A native of Milton, Pa., Jackson (Dad was a steelworker; Mom, a homemaker) is no stranger to animal attraction. "She would always find injured birds and squirrels or mice and try to nurse them back to health," says sister Alicia, 44, owner of the lighting company where Jackson works in the showroom. Now living in a three-bedroom 1930s house in Terra Linda, Calif., with husband Jonathan Snyder, 36, a sales manager, Jackson—pregnant with their first child—still does a lot of non-cat exercises such as biking, jogging and hiking. But her goal is to get strong enough to incorporate her two other cats, Masi and Cochise, into her regular routine. "Masi is a great weight," she says. "He's just a little too heavy for me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!