Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Family of Ohio College Student Sierah Joughins 'Devastated' After Police Identify Her Remains
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Fit to Be Wed! Couple Gets Married at the 2016 CrossFit Games Complete with Paleo Cake
- Kristen Stewart Opens Up About Girlfriend Alicia Cargile: 'Finally, I Can Feel Again'
- From ESSENCE: Latino Principal from South Bronx Urges Conversation in the Classroom Around Black Lives Matter
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
Kathie Lee Gifford
She Weathered the Storm of Her Husband's Betrayal with a Steely Resolve
Yet for all the hurt and humiliating late-night punch lines, Gifford came through the crisis with the same kind of poise that had impelled her to turn the sweatshop scandal into a crusade for labor reform. "In all the years I've known her, I've never seen her lose a battle," says Regis Philbin of his cohost. "It always makes her stronger and smarter." This time the mother of Cody, 7, and Cassidy, 4, has shown a determination to stand by her man. "She believes in her husband and in her children," says her longtime agent and friend, Sam Haskell.
Throughout the ordeal, Gifford never let her fans see her crumble, continuing to tape Live with Regis and Kathie Lee in the studio each morning as usual. "There were days when I'm sure that she'd rather have been almost anywhere else," says Philbin. "But every day we were on the air, she delivered." That professionalism may, in the end, win over some of her longtime critics. "I think there was a lot of backlash against Kathie Lee because people thought her life was so perfect," says ABC newswoman Barbara Walters, a friend to both Giffords. "And I think people respect and admire the way she's handled this."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!