Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Lions vs. Crocodile: This Time, It's Personal (VIDEO)
- Inside Story: How Brittany Maynard Became a 'Death with Dignity' Advocate
- Angelina Jolie Makes Her First Post-Surgery Appearance
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
Kathie Lee Gifford
She Weathered the Storm of Her Husband's Betrayal with a Steely Resolve
Yet for all the hurt and humiliating late-night punch lines, Gifford came through the crisis with the same kind of poise that had impelled her to turn the sweatshop scandal into a crusade for labor reform. "In all the years I've known her, I've never seen her lose a battle," says Regis Philbin of his cohost. "It always makes her stronger and smarter." This time the mother of Cody, 7, and Cassidy, 4, has shown a determination to stand by her man. "She believes in her husband and in her children," says her longtime agent and friend, Sam Haskell.
Throughout the ordeal, Gifford never let her fans see her crumble, continuing to tape Live with Regis and Kathie Lee in the studio each morning as usual. "There were days when I'm sure that she'd rather have been almost anywhere else," says Philbin. "But every day we were on the air, she delivered." That professionalism may, in the end, win over some of her longtime critics. "I think there was a lot of backlash against Kathie Lee because people thought her life was so perfect," says ABC newswoman Barbara Walters, a friend to both Giffords. "And I think people respect and admire the way she's handled this."
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!