Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Walking Dead Recap: Meet Deanna Monroe
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs,
Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Which Downton Characters Need to Hook Up? Joanne Froggatt Weighs In
- No One Puts Beagle in a Corner – Not Even Roombas (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
A Basketball Star Controls the Dribble at Home and on the Hardwood
One of the league's marquee players, Swoopes had lost all but five of the 47 pounds she stepped onto the court to a standing O from the Houston Comet fans. Within a week, the 6' forward was scoring in bunches, helping carry her team to the league championship. "The fact that she even attempted a comeback after having a baby is a testament to the kind of athlete she is," says WNBA commissioner Val Ackerman, "She has broken new ground for women's basketball."
Settling into parenthood in Lubbock, Texas, with husband Eric Jackson, 23, who quit school to look after their son, Swoopes is already looking forward to next season. "I'll be the old Sheryl, back to my playing weight," she says. "I want to show people, 'This is what you missed.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!