Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
An Ambitious Iconoclast Brings a Fresh Voice to Pop Music
For ninth-grade dropout Beck, whose father was a bluegrass musician and mother a performance artist-singer, it's plain as day. "I was sick of all the negativity in grunge music," he says. With Odelay, "I wanted to do something creative and affirming, that had a life force to it." To keep the force flowing, Beck, who lives with his girlfriend, fashion stylist Leigh Limon, in the Los Feliz section of L.A. where he grew up, channel-surfs the Zeitgeist, but not the tube—he doesn't own a TV set. If he did, he says, "I don't think I'd do anything else." And besides cooking and crossword puzzles, there is, he promises, plenty left to do. "All you've seen is, 'This is a test,' not the actual broadcast. Prime time has not come on yet. I've got a million ideas."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!