Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Corey Feldman Covers Pink Floyd's 'Money' Live in Hollywood
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Find Out Which Kardashian Sister Has Gotten Hands-On in Helping Rob Cope with Social Anxiety
- You'll Never Guess Whose Sweater Princess Charlotte Is Wearing
- 14 Years After Her Last Olympic Medal, Figure Skater Michelle Kwan Is Working to Get Hillary Clinton in the White House
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
An Ambitious Iconoclast Brings a Fresh Voice to Pop Music
For ninth-grade dropout Beck, whose father was a bluegrass musician and mother a performance artist-singer, it's plain as day. "I was sick of all the negativity in grunge music," he says. With Odelay, "I wanted to do something creative and affirming, that had a life force to it." To keep the force flowing, Beck, who lives with his girlfriend, fashion stylist Leigh Limon, in the Los Feliz section of L.A. where he grew up, channel-surfs the Zeitgeist, but not the tube—he doesn't own a TV set. If he did, he says, "I don't think I'd do anything else." And besides cooking and crossword puzzles, there is, he promises, plenty left to do. "All you've seen is, 'This is a test,' not the actual broadcast. Prime time has not come on yet. I've got a million ideas."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!