Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taxi Driver Has Not Yet Been Charged in Deaths of A Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash and Wife
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- See Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Romantic First Dance at Their Wedding (and Every Other Major Moment You Missed)
- Joyce Giraud's Home Burglarized as She Reportedly Watched Video on Surveillance Phone App While on Vacation
- Sandra Lee Returning Home After Undergoing Double Mastectomy: 'Today Is an Exciting Day'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
His Bright, Relaxed Styles Prove Their Cross-Cultural Appeal
Though critics see Hilfiger, 46, who began his line in 1985, as nothing but a marketer, they concede that at marketing he is a wizard. "He was smart enough to see a niche," says fashion consultant Alan Millstein, "and he rushed to fill it." Hilfiger, who has heaped free clothes upon the likes of Mick Jagger and Sean "Puffy" Combs, recently opened a gargantuan store in Beverly Hills and published a style book, All American. He moved into kidswear this year and saw sales of his fledgling women's line explode. Still to come: a home collection, toiletries and pricier women's clothes. And though he lives in a 22-room Greenwich, Conn., farmhouse with his wife, Susie, a children's boutique owner, and their four kids, the king of laid-back cool stays in touch with the masses. "Everyone," he says, "wants to be comfortable, casual and have fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!