Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,186 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe Blogs: 'I've Learned I'm Not Very Good at Difficult Conversations'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Yes, Russell Wilson and Ciara Are Dating; No, They're Not Having Sex (Video)
- Broadway Theatergoer Attempted to Charge His Phone – Onstage
- Abused, Noseless Dog Undergoes Amazing Transformation – But Still Needs Your Help (Video)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
His Bright, Relaxed Styles Prove Their Cross-Cultural Appeal
Though critics see Hilfiger, 46, who began his line in 1985, as nothing but a marketer, they concede that at marketing he is a wizard. "He was smart enough to see a niche," says fashion consultant Alan Millstein, "and he rushed to fill it." Hilfiger, who has heaped free clothes upon the likes of Mick Jagger and Sean "Puffy" Combs, recently opened a gargantuan store in Beverly Hills and published a style book, All American. He moved into kidswear this year and saw sales of his fledgling women's line explode. Still to come: a home collection, toiletries and pricier women's clothes. And though he lives in a 22-room Greenwich, Conn., farmhouse with his wife, Susie, a children's boutique owner, and their four kids, the king of laid-back cool stays in touch with the masses. "Everyone," he says, "wants to be comfortable, casual and have fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!