Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Michael Bublé's Next Album Includes a Song by Meghan Trainor – and Harry Styles!
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- 'They Just Keep Getting Better!' Candace Cameron Bure Is Loving Filming Fuller House with NKOTB
- Kim Zolciak Had Treatment to Eliminate Sagging Skin on Her Jawline: 'I Look More Refreshed'
- James Corden on How He Overcame Bullies as a Heavy Child: 'If You're Big at School, You're Going to Be a Target'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
John F. Kennedy Jr.
Successful and Settled, He Cones into His Own
The odd juxtaposition of vim and virtue seems to sum up the two sides of the 36-year-old Kennedy's personality. He may have ended his giddy run as America's most eligible bachelor, but the John-John we knew and loved—unassuming, outdoorsy, fun-loving—is still kicking. At the same time, he has emerged as a sober, canny businessman, assuming control of his two-year-old political magazine. "He fooled everyone," says Kennedy family intimate, architect Richard Meier. "He said, 'Hey, I'm a serious guy, and I'm going to have a serious life.' " In the process, says author John H. Davis (Jacqueline Bouvier: An Intimate Memoir), "he proclaimed himself the leader of the [younger] clan."
At home, John and wife Carolyn, 31, keep a low profile, ducking out of their downtown Manhattan apartment for pizza despite the constant paparazzi presence. When he appeared with a bandaged hand last October, rumors flew that the couple were fighting, but the wound was blamed on a kitchen accident. "They're very happy," says Meier. Now, with his personal and professional life on track, Kennedy may be looking for new challenges. Former JFK press secretary Pierre Salinger, for one, believes, "In the next century, John will go into politics."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!