Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Final Five Reunite for Glam Appearance at U.S. Olympic Committee Awards Show
- Lady Gaga Confirms She's Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl's Halftime Show: 'It's Not an Illusion'!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
Folk Music Gets a '90s Poster Girl
The answer to that is, almost everywhere. In October she signed a $2 million contract with HarperCollins for two books—a poetry and prose collection and a scrap-book—both due next year. She has also made a deal to star in her first film, as the love interest of two men in Ang (The Ice Storm) Lee's $35 million Civil War epic, To Live On. "Jewel is the perfect mixture of down-to-earth and ethereal," says Lee. Her words prove him right: "I'm really looking forward to having my ass kicked by a new challenge. For me, singing and songwriting utilize only one part of a very creative body."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!