Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 8 Things We'd Buy for Summer from Reese Witherspoon's Draper James Site
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Toronto Teen Gets in Trouble for Crop Top, Gets 500 Classmates to Wear Them to School the Next Day
- Friday Actor Reynaldo Rey Dies at 75
- Drew Barrymore Gets Her Groove On at Dance-Party Workout Class
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
Back with a Bang, She's Once More Sitting Pretty
charm back on this year in My Best Friend's Wedding, which, along with Conspiracy Theory, grossed some $350 million worldwide. One reason for her resurgence—and her $12 million per picture asking price—is that Roberts has returned to the mode audiences like best: witty, sexy and bubble-bath smashing. "She doesn't want to play housemaids for Jekyll & Hyde and shave her eyebrows anymore," says Wedding production designer Richard Sylbert. "It's not good for her."
Roberts reached another watershed in October—her 30th birthday. Maturity has mellowed her sometimes difficult on-set behavior and put some steel in her magnolia vulnerability. "As I'm getting older, I'm getting smarter," she told Redbook last year. "My life in a lot of ways is the best it's ever been." On the romantic front, though, she's still giving us something to talk about. Her name regularly pops up in the gossip columns linked to a smorgasbord of suitors. But if she's serious about any of them, who can tell? After all, that smile we love hides as much as it reveals.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!