Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Trump Admits He Planned 'Something Extremely Rough' on Clinton Family at Debate – But Couldn't Do It 'with Chelsea in the Room'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- High-Ranking Air Force Colonel Accused of Rape Found Dead in Colorado Home: Police
- Debate Karma: Donald Trump Mocked on Twitter for Excessive Water Drinking
- Who Is Alicia Machado? Meet the Former Miss Universe Donald Trump Called 'Miss Piggy' and 'Miss Housekeeping'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 29, 1997
- Vol. 48
- No. 26
Back with a Bang, She's Once More Sitting Pretty
charm back on this year in My Best Friend's Wedding, which, along with Conspiracy Theory, grossed some $350 million worldwide. One reason for her resurgence—and her $12 million per picture asking price—is that Roberts has returned to the mode audiences like best: witty, sexy and bubble-bath smashing. "She doesn't want to play housemaids for Jekyll & Hyde and shave her eyebrows anymore," says Wedding production designer Richard Sylbert. "It's not good for her."
Roberts reached another watershed in October—her 30th birthday. Maturity has mellowed her sometimes difficult on-set behavior and put some steel in her magnolia vulnerability. "As I'm getting older, I'm getting smarter," she told Redbook last year. "My life in a lot of ways is the best it's ever been." On the romantic front, though, she's still giving us something to talk about. Her name regularly pops up in the gossip columns linked to a smorgasbord of suitors. But if she's serious about any of them, who can tell? After all, that smile we love hides as much as it reveals.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!