Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Celebrate Two-Year Wedding Anniversary in Italy, Where They Married: 'You Make Me So Happy!'
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Actor Chris Noth's Mom, Pioneering CBS Correspondent Jeanne Parr, Dies at 92
- WATCH: Did Jennifer Lawrence Really Take an Ambien While Filming The Hunger Games?
- Anne Hathaway Clears Up 'Unintentional Shade' after Posting Kardashians Meme: Says It's 'Not My Style'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 1
Child Actors Adore Bubbly Science Guy Bob Pflugfelder
Pflugfelder, who also tutors tykes on ABC's Grace Under Fire and CBS's Everybody Loves Raymond, says the key is "finding how everything they're learning works in real life." Lipnicki's costar Michelle Trachtenberg, 12, for example, quickly grasps a lesson on cell structure when Pflugfelder likens the cell's nucleus to a director and its cytoplasm to a stage.
Raised in Westchester County, N.Y., by a stockbroker and a homemaker, Pflugfelder graduated from Boston's Emerson College in 1989 with a degree in TV production. "But my love was teaching," he says. After a stint as a grade-school science instructor in Boston, he moved to L.A. in 1995 and sold producers on his mobile lab to augment kids' daily three hours of study. Eventually, says Pflugfelder, who lives alone in Burbank, he'd like to turn the van into a building "people can visit, like the Natural History Museum." For now, he says, "when people ask, 'Where is the Science Center?' I say, 'It's in my apartment.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!