Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck Will Continue to Live Together
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Joe Manganiello Opens Up About His Battle with Addiction
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner: Inside the Final Weeks of Their Marriage
- Nick Gordon Assembles a High-Profile Legal Team as Bobbi Kristina Brown Remains in Hospice Care
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 12, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 1
Postman's Olivia Williams Is Addressed for Success
Actually, though, the postman always rings twice. Two days later, Costner arranged for Williams, 29, to fly to L.A. for an in-person audition, and she got the part. "Olivia has a lot of moxie, and that's very much the role of Abby," says producer Jim Wilson. "She doesn't take crap from anybody."
Never has. The daughter of two lawyers, Williams graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1989 with an English degree and later studied with the Royal Shakespeare Company. But after she struggled to find work, acting started to look like "a patently ridiculous career choice," and she was thinking of going to law school. Then Costner called. Her Postman part didn't pay much by Hollywood standards—$135,000—yet it has already done wonders for her résumé. She now gets stacks of scripts, she says, and is starring opposite Bill Murray in the upcoming film Rushmore. Not that life is perfect for the woman who recently ended an eight-year relationship with her college sweetheart. "Where in all this," she wonders, "am I going to get married?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!