Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can't Do a Chin-Up? No Problem – This Easy Move Gives You the Same Results
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Two Sons Fight to Keep Father Who Murdered Their Mom Behind Bars
- Christina Aguilera's Son Is 'Like a Grandmother' to His Baby Sister
- What Does Katy Perry Really Think About Her Feud with Taylor Swift?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 23, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 7
In Baylee's Image
The Mother of Oklahoma City Bomb Victim Baylee Almon Gives Birth to a New Baby Girl
Sadly, the baby will never know her sister Baylee Almon, a victim of the terrorist blast that ripped through Oklahoma City's Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995, killing 168 people. The 1-year-old girl became a symbol of the tragedy after a photo of firefighter Chris Fields cradling her body appeared on front pages around the globe. Aren is struck by the strong resemblance between Baylee and the newborn, Bella Almon Kok. "It's amazing," she says. "They look like twins."
Even before Bella's arrival, Aren, 25, was putting her life back together. Last April, Aren—who had never wed Baylee's father, from whom she split before Baylee's birth—married Stan Kok, 27, a communications specialist at Tinker Air Force Base, near Oklahoma City. And in December she and her mother, Debbie, opened Miss Baylee's, a small restaurant not far from the site of the explosion. "Starting the deli," Aren says, "has been good therapy."
But what buoyed her spirits even more was the arrival of 5-lb. 12-oz. Bella, born five weeks early. Bella headed straight to the intensive care unit but soon went home to the Koks' modest house in Midwest City, outside Oklahoma City. There she's the belle of the ball. "People used to point at Aren and say, 'There's that girl,' " says Stan. "Now they say, 'There's that baby.' "
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!