Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Charged in Bizarre 'Gone Girl' Kidnapping Allegedly Admitted to Acting Alone in 'Off the Record' Interview
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- Here's How You Can Get a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Right Now
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Have Hilariously Different Ideas on What Makes for 'Perfectly Acceptable' Potty Training
- Princess Kate Set to 'Really Get Going' with Work, Says Palace Source
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 02, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 8
The Eagle Has Landed
Worn by Hillary Clinton and Other Capital Women, Ann Hand's All-American Pin Comes Home to Roost
"I wear it often for presidential events," says Ann Lewis, director of White House communications. "It's a way of identifying with the Clintons." That suits the pin's creator, Ann Hand, 64, whose attorney husband, Lloyd, was LBJ's protocol chief—with one caveat. "It's wonderful if people want to wear it in their honor," she says. "But the eagle is our national symbol. It belongs to everyone."
Then again, Mrs. Clinton, who got the pin as a gift in '93 from former Miss America Phyllis George, may need hers more than most. The eagle, says Hand, "gives you strength."
A mother of five, Hand turned to jewelry design in 1988 as "a way of recovery" after her son Thomas died in a car accident at age 27. But the Houston native, who has sold more than 12,000 pins since 1992 (there is also a $5,500 18-karat gold version) through her private catalog and on QVC, still can't believe how high her eagle has soared. "Never did I dream," says Hand, "I would have my own career."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!