Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 23, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 11
Hollywood's A-List Honors Its Own at the Glitzy Screen Actors Guild Awards
Margulies wasn't the only one letting it all hang out at the ceremonies, a festive affair with all the glamor but none of the gut-twisting anxiety of the Oscars. Among the TV and movie stars honored at L.A.'s Shrine Auditorium (winners are voted on by the Guild's 90,000 members) were several sentimental favorites: Jack Nicholson (best actor for As Good as It Gets), Elizabeth Taylor (who, at home healing from hip and back injuries, sent Gregory Peck to pick up her life achievement award), and Gloria Stuart (best supporting actress for Titanic). "I've waited 60 years for a moment like this," said the misty-eyed actress. Even the gang from Seinfeld, saluted as best cast in a TV comedy, got serious—briefly—during the awards. "It's like getting up from a table after a good meal," said Julia Louis-Dreyfus of the show's end. "It's nice to get up before you're really too full, and that's what this feels like."
Ally McBeal's Courtney Thorne-Smith, tucked into a tight champagne-colored Escada, also opted for temperance: Anticipating the lavish spread at the postshow party (cosponsored by PEOPLE), she planned to put off dinner. "I'm very busy holding in my stomach," she explained. Which brings us to Award Show Fashion Tip No. 2: Sometimes you have to suffer to look your best. "I'm walking around wearing 50 pounds of sequins," groaned Good Will Hunting's Minnie Driver, of her silver Mila Schön dress. "I may develop osteoporosis by morning."
STEVEN COJOCARU and MONICA RIZZO in Los Angeles
- Steven Cojocaru,
- Monica Rizzo.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!