Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Bachelorette Jillian Harris Opens Up about finding Happiness After Her Public Breakup: 'I've Learned a Lot'
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Our New Favorite Way to Get Gorgeous Skin
- Hello, Bombshell! Pamela Anderson Wants to Help You Achieve Her Signature Look
- VIDEO: Dave Grohl Brings Down the House at Lionel Richie Tribute with Special Performance of 'You Are'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
They Can Still Be Friends
Lovers Onscreen and Off, Jennifer Aniston and Tate Donovan End Their Real-Life Romance
Did the lady protest too much? Three weeks later, Donovan's father, J. Timothy Donovan, a New Jersey doctor, confirmed that his son, 34, and Aniston, 29, had ended their 2½-year romance. Why? "Sons don't tell their parents why they broke up," he told PEOPLE. But others speculate. Some say Aniston, now starring on the big screen in The Object of My Affection, was pressuring Donovan to wed (on a recent Friends, her alter ego proposed to—and got shot down by—guest star Donovan). Others suggest that Donovan—whose last big role was the hero's voice in Hercules—tired of his lesser wattage.
Once they seemed a perfect match. Smitten after their first date—dinner at a strip-mall restaurant—Aniston told PEOPLE last July that he was "one perfect guy." Donovan, an ex of Sandra Bullock's, was equally enthusiastic. "We definitely think about" marriage, he said.
Since the breakup, he has kept a low profile; Aniston looked radiant at the April 15 premiere of Affection. "Jennifer and Tate are both nice people," says Donovan's dad. "Nice people just don't always get married and live happily ever after."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!