Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Goat Helps Clydesdale Escape from Farm
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Pharrell Williams Recruits His Parents & Their Family Recipes for His Latest Project
- Scott Eastwood Says He Never Saw Any Tension Between The Rock and Vin Diesel on Set of Fast 8
- Who Is Terra Jolé? 5 Things You Need to Know About the History-Making DWTS Contestant
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
License to Kneel
A Pregnant Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke Take One Giant Step Toward Marriage
Hawke began salivating when he and Thurman, who was married briefly to actor Gary Oldman in the early 1990s, met while making the sci-fi thriller Gattaca in 1996. The pair kept their romance low profile (even refusing to enter the film's premiere together) until last year, when they began to be spotted sharing quiet dinners at restaurants in Manhattan. More recently they purchased a house north of New York City in a town where neighbors include Al Pacino and Bill Murray. In February the couple discussed the merits of cloth versus disposable diapers in a baby shop in Vancouver, where Hawke, there to shoot Snow Falling on Cedars, practiced his diapering skills on a life-size doll.
"There was lots of cuddling and affectionate play between the two of them," says store clerk Avrell Smith. "They seemed very much in love." Devotion is a given, but at least one question remains unresolved: what to call their bundle of joy. "With Uma," Hawke joked early this year, "it'll be a really strange name."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!