Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
License to Kneel
A Pregnant Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke Take One Giant Step Toward Marriage
Hawke began salivating when he and Thurman, who was married briefly to actor Gary Oldman in the early 1990s, met while making the sci-fi thriller Gattaca in 1996. The pair kept their romance low profile (even refusing to enter the film's premiere together) until last year, when they began to be spotted sharing quiet dinners at restaurants in Manhattan. More recently they purchased a house north of New York City in a town where neighbors include Al Pacino and Bill Murray. In February the couple discussed the merits of cloth versus disposable diapers in a baby shop in Vancouver, where Hawke, there to shoot Snow Falling on Cedars, practiced his diapering skills on a life-size doll.
"There was lots of cuddling and affectionate play between the two of them," says store clerk Avrell Smith. "They seemed very much in love." Devotion is a given, but at least one question remains unresolved: what to call their bundle of joy. "With Uma," Hawke joked early this year, "it'll be a really strange name."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!