Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- RHOA Reunion: Did Apollo Ever Get Physical with Phaedra?
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Daytime Emmys Awards 2015: And the Winners Are ...
- Game of Thrones Recap: 'High Sparrow'
- KUWTK: Rob Says Scott's Drunken Antics Have Him Acting 'Crazy'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
License to Kneel
A Pregnant Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke Take One Giant Step Toward Marriage
Hawke began salivating when he and Thurman, who was married briefly to actor Gary Oldman in the early 1990s, met while making the sci-fi thriller Gattaca in 1996. The pair kept their romance low profile (even refusing to enter the film's premiere together) until last year, when they began to be spotted sharing quiet dinners at restaurants in Manhattan. More recently they purchased a house north of New York City in a town where neighbors include Al Pacino and Bill Murray. In February the couple discussed the merits of cloth versus disposable diapers in a baby shop in Vancouver, where Hawke, there to shoot Snow Falling on Cedars, practiced his diapering skills on a life-size doll.
"There was lots of cuddling and affectionate play between the two of them," says store clerk Avrell Smith. "They seemed very much in love." Devotion is a given, but at least one question remains unresolved: what to call their bundle of joy. "With Uma," Hawke joked early this year, "it'll be a really strange name."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!