Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jana Kramer Separates from Husband Mike Caussin as He Enters Rehab
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Cameron Douglas Is 'Grateful He Gets a Second Chance' After Being Released From Prison
- Hope Solo Suspended for Calling Sweden 'Cowards' After Losing at the Olympics
- Florida Father Killed During a Robbery Set Up by Woman He Met Online: Police
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
A Magician Enrages Colleagues by Exposing Their Secrets
Melodrama aside, the Masked Magician is convinced he's actually helping a fusty profession. "Magicians can't keep doing the same tricks century after century," he says. "I'm giving them a kick in the pants." Other magicians might prefer to give him a kick in the teeth. "It's pathetic," says David Copperfield. "FOX is putting magicians out of work."
Though the network has gotten hate mail from the likes of Nick Knock the Clown and the Amazing Larry, the Masked Magician has managed to keep his identity under wraps, despite a rumor that he's a Las Vegas magician named Valentino. How has he done it? "I'm a magician," he says without a trace of irony, "so I keep secrets all the time." Hocus bogus.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!