Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- These Celebrity Gingerbread Houses Are Too Sweet to Eat
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Homeless Kitten Born Without Eyelids Will Have Full Vision Thanks to Giving Doctor
- Bernadette Peters Talks About Her New Show Mozart and the Jungle
- Scarlett Johansson Dishes on Her Family’s Christmas Traditions
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday December 21, 2014 08:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
A Magician Enrages Colleagues by Exposing Their Secrets
Melodrama aside, the Masked Magician is convinced he's actually helping a fusty profession. "Magicians can't keep doing the same tricks century after century," he says. "I'm giving them a kick in the pants." Other magicians might prefer to give him a kick in the teeth. "It's pathetic," says David Copperfield. "FOX is putting magicians out of work."
Though the network has gotten hate mail from the likes of Nick Knock the Clown and the Amazing Larry, the Masked Magician has managed to keep his identity under wraps, despite a rumor that he's a Las Vegas magician named Valentino. How has he done it? "I'm a magician," he says without a trace of irony, "so I keep secrets all the time." Hocus bogus.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!