Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Greatest Fears? Set Secrets? Kate Winslet, Brie Larson and More Oscar Nominees Ask (and Answer) Questions for Each Other
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- How Does YouTube Star PewDiePie Want to Spend His Retirement?
- Kanye West Designed the Kardashians Clan's Clothes for Yeezy Season 3 and Album Launch (with a Little Help from Olivier Rousteing!)
- Steven Spielberg Sounds Off on Race, the Oscars and the Academy's Big Changes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
Let Them Eat Cakes
Baker Cliff Simon Cooks Up Sugarcoated Fantasies for Sweet-Toothed Stars
A former graphic artist, The Bronx-born Simon, 47, fashioned a cake topped with a multicolored re-creation of a famous Herb Ritts photo for Madonna, one in the shape of a giant, pink-painted tongue for Kiss and a New York Mets logo in chocolate for Billy Joel. But the job's no cakewalk: Simon remembers weeping in a Swiss hotel kitchen when his four-foot-tall, lemon-walnut Tower of Babel wedding cake for Diana Ross nearly suffered a meltdown of biblical proportions. Still, it tasted yummy. "After all," Simon says, "if it didn't, why would I bother?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!