Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Anonymous Donor Offers $20,000 to Find the Person Who Stuffed a Starving Pit Bull in a Suitcase
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- The Biggest Red Carpet Risk-Takers at the SAG Awards: Yay or Nay?
- How to Recover From a Bachelorette Party, Lady Gaga-Style
- Grammy Nominee Brandy Clark: From Logging Town to Music Stardom
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday January 26, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 04, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 17
Let Them Eat Cakes
Baker Cliff Simon Cooks Up Sugarcoated Fantasies for Sweet-Toothed Stars
A former graphic artist, The Bronx-born Simon, 47, fashioned a cake topped with a multicolored re-creation of a famous Herb Ritts photo for Madonna, one in the shape of a giant, pink-painted tongue for Kiss and a New York Mets logo in chocolate for Billy Joel. But the job's no cakewalk: Simon remembers weeping in a Swiss hotel kitchen when his four-foot-tall, lemon-walnut Tower of Babel wedding cake for Diana Ross nearly suffered a meltdown of biblical proportions. Still, it tasted yummy. "After all," Simon says, "if it didn't, why would I bother?"
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!