Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From Fame to Fallout: Ex-Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle's Child Pornography Scandal in 5 Clicks
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Serena Williams: I Can Definitely Beat My Sister – in the Kitchen
- Pippa Middleton Rocks Another Sexy String Bikini – on a Paddleboard! The Secrets to Her Hardcore Training
- Amy Purdy Weds Longtime Boyfriend Daniel Gale in 'Outdoorsy' Idaho Wedding
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Titanic's James Cameron and Actress Linda Hamilton Encounter An Iceberg
No way, that is, unless you count the moving vans hauling Cameron's belongings from their Malibu home on April 21. Though neither side would comment, the apparent separation hardly came as a shock. Their turbulent romance began during filming of 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day (she starred; he directed), contributing to the breakup of Cameron's marriage to screenwriter Kathryn Bigelow (he had also been wed to a Bob's Big Boy waitress and to a movie producer). It was an "on-again, off-again kind of thing," says a friend. Titanic's grueling two-year shoot didn't help, nor did Cameron's interest in actress Suzy Amis, who played Rose's granddaughter. "He'd been drooling over her on the set," says film critic Christopher Heard, author of a 1997 Cameron biography. "He had a crush on her."
Barring a pre-nup, Hamilton, the mother of Cameron's only child, Josephine, 5 (she also has a son, Dalton, 8, with her first husband, actor Bruce Abbott), could net half of his estimated $100 million-plus Titanic earnings in a divorce. Still, says a friend, "I'm sad for her. I think she wanted to be everything for him."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!