Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William Becomes a Samurai – But Leaves the Wig in the Dressing Room
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- The 10 Can't-Miss Photos of the Week
- Sharon Osbourne on Daughter Kelly Leaving Fashion Police: 'You Can Never Be Bought'
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Helen Hunt: Actress
The 5'7" actress's disregard of conventional Hollywood preening and posing is the result of growing up in showbiz. The daughter of Gordon Hunt, an acting coach and director, and Jane, a photographer, Hunt nailed her first job at age 7 on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, playing Murray's daughter, and has been in front of the cameras ever since. Intensely private, she won't discuss her five-year relationship with actor Hank Azaria, who does voices on The Simpsons and made a campy splash as The Birdcage's gay houseboy. And forget the whole Beverly Hills show-mansion gig.
Hunt, an opera lover, lives in the down-market San Fernando Valley and commutes to work in her sedate black Volvo. As for hitting the premieres and parties, she'll take a pass. "I probably haven't gone out for a New Year's since I was about 19," she told INSTYLE last December. "I've probably rung in the last few New Years in my pajamas." Even so, her allure is anything but plain-Jane. "She's a great gal, as we used to say," As Good as It Gets costar Jack Nicholson enthused in TIME. "She's a babe."
To stay that way, Hunt works out four times a week, but her warm skin tones and blonde tresses do best when left alone. "Even her most glamorous is a relaxed glamorous," says stylist-to-the-stars Phillip Bloch. "Less is best for her." Adds director Brooks: "She's not one of those people who walks into a room and expects you to sniff their perfume."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!