Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kourtney Kardashian Talks Change Within Her Family: 'Everything Is Going to Be Really Positive'
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Naya Rivera Shows Off Growing Baby Bump in a Teeny Bikini – See the Photo
- Tyga and Kylie Jenner Party at Coachella with Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner
- George and Amal Clooney Laugh It Up on the Set of Money Monster
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 11, 1998
- Vol. 49
- No. 18
Matt Damon: Actor
Guess again, Matt. With Courage Under Fire, John Grisham's The Rainmaker and Hunting notched on his belt, the 27-year-old Harvard dropout with the adorable grin and tousled sandy hair is the big screen's new boy wonder. This summer alone, he's starring in Steven Spielberg's World War II adventure saga Saving Private Ryan and the gambling drama Rounders, and is set to shoot the Anthony (English Patient) Minghella murder thriller The Talented Mr. Ripley. "There's something so apple pie about him," Minghella told TIME in December. "You know he was the bestlooking kid in his school, won all the awards at track and field and dated the most popular girl."
Or girls. The 5'11" Boston native, whose parents (Nancy, a professor of early childhood education, and Kent, a stockbroker) divorced when he was 2, was a heartbreaker even in high school. "Matt always had girlfriends," says actor Casey Affleck, younger brother of Damon's Hunting coauthor and best-pal-from-childhood, Ben. Success hasn't changed that. After briefly dating Rainmaker costar Claire Danes and conducting a seven-month romance with Hunting's Minnie Driver, Damon is now linked with Winona Ryder. Those actresses' high style, though, hasn't rubbed off on Matt: Damon knocks around Hollywood in jeans and a T-shirt. "I don't think he's very appearance-conscious; he's more about comfort," says friend and School Ties costar Cole Hauser. "He is as regular a guy as there is."
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!